Partners Since 1954
Emory has been a key partner from the earliest
days of Wesley Woods, when the University made available property on Clifton Road to serve as a permanent home for Wesley Woods Towers, Budd Terrace, Wesley Woods Outpatient Health Center and later the Geriatric Hospital. Due to the mounting complexities of the health care system and the close historical relationship with Emory, Wesley Woods transferred ownership and management of the land and buildings at this campus (collectively known as the Wesley Woods Center) to Emory University in 1998. In 2015, Emory changed the name to Emory Wesley Woods Center and the Geriatric Hospital, now Emory Wesley Woods Hospital, treats psychiatric elderly patients only. Wesley Woods Senior Living continues to operate, through a revised management agreement with Emory Wesley Woods Center, nine retirement communities in six locations throughout North Georgia. This relationship allows Emory and Wesley Woods to each focus on its area of expertise while providing an extraordinary continuum of services for the aging population in our region.